37 days and counting… Time for some important reminders:
1) The deadline to register for either the BMW School (http://www.casc.on.ca/road-
2) If you believe you have sufficient on track experience to attend the May 12 CASC-OR school please contact Ray Arlauskas (firstname.lastname@example.org) as soon as possible. Ray has to approve all students for the CASC school. In most cases, he has been telling people they need more track time (ie to attend BMW or Brack). Don’t miss out because you left it too late.
3) Registration is now open for the Spring Trophy Races May 13 – 14 at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park. http://www.
100 Reasons to Race promotion – all those competitors that register and pay for a full weekend entry for the Spring Trophy Races using a CASC-OR or ASN licence will receive a $100 entry fee credit for their next CASC-OR regional race in 2017. Last year 76 competitors took advantage of this promotion – this year I hope we can break 100. You know you want to go racing – why not save yourself a $100 while you do it!
4) GT Challenge – the Challenge race at the Spring Trophy Races is a 3 hour enduro with a minimum of 2 – 120 second pitstops. As discussed at the Mar 4 Pre-Season Drivers’ Meeting, we will be using the 13/13 No Contact Rules for this race. As everyone knows, contact is already prohibited under our regular rules, but “racing incidents happen”. Under the 13/13 rules drivers are required to report to the CASC trailer at the end of their session if they had contact with another car or object, or if they went 4 wheels off the track. Failure to report may result in a penalty so make sure yuo check in at the end of your session if something happens to you on track. I will be sending out a more detailed description of how the 13/13 rule works closer to the event.
The reason we’re trying this change is that it was suggested by a driver. The 13/13 rule is used by PCA, BMW and VARAC for all of their racing. It is hoped that by using this rule for GT Challenge we will attract more competitors from these other series.
Just like the Indian Summer event last year, we are welcoming teams from PCA, BMW, CTCC and Chumpcar that want to come out and try our event. Guest cars will be subject to the tech requirements of their home series (so bring a rule book or proof of your annual tech with you).
5) CASC Licence renewals – Deb tells me she has prepped and/or issued over 200 competition licences so far this year – that means we have about 200 to go. Do not leave it until the last minute. Due to some website development issues this winter, I am extending the early bird licence fee of $200 ($177 + $23 HST) until April 30. After that date the fee raises to $250 ($221.23 + $28,77 HST). Save the $50 and renew your licence today. http://www.casc.on.ca/sites/
Thanks for taking the time to read this – I’ll see you at the track…
CASC-OR Race Director